Ground striking is something that most of us think is "easy" or is a "no-brainer". The fact of the matter is that striking on ground, is actually a lot harder then you think – especially if you have an opponent who is strong, can keep you down, and control your motions.
The ability to strike on the ground is something that MMA fighters do very well. Reality-Based Martial Arts and MMA have more similarities then they would both like to admit. The both use very similar techniques, yet change the mindset to work for the situation that they are in. That is why I personally train both in sport fighting and reality based self-defense. When training for sport I am honing my skills, teaching myself natural reactions and learning to deal with fear, aggression, and adrenaline. Training in sport allows us to progress in our martial art. But – I also train specifically for self-defense. I do many drills, scenarios, and specific training that relates to real self-defense.
Back to the topic at hand – Ground and Pound. As I was saying MMA fighters understand ground striking and do it very well against tough opponents. So in this video we’re going to look at some strategies of striking on the ground and how it relates to self-defense and real combat.
MMA Ground and Pound for Self-Defense
Check it out and let me know what you think!
- H2H Combat System Manual and Videos – The most complete Military Hand-to-Hand Combat Manual that gives you 95% of the necessary responses to end a street fight situation.
- Street Fighting Uncaged Manual – Learn Viscous and Brutal Illegal MMA techniques that can be used to defend yourself in a real street fight
- Certified H2H Combat instructor in the H2H System
- 2nd Degree Black Belt in Kobukai Ju-Jitsu
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Competitor in Jiu-Jitsu, Grappling and MMA
- Operated Self-defense and Ju-Jitsu School in Cromwell, CT
- Brown Belt in Kobukai Ju-Jitsu
- Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- EXPERT Division Competitor in No-Gi Grappling
- Professional MMA Fighter 4-0 (all wins by submission)